HR Generalist & Office Manager
At Frostkeep Studios, we are always looking for talented, smart and creative people who share our vision of making the best games we possibly can. As a small company, we consider ourselves a family and we’re hoping to find more team players with a multitude of skills who want to grow with us. We have big plans ahead for our studio and its first game, Rend, and are looking for an Office Manager and HR Generalist to help our team as we grow.
The Office Manager and HR Generalist is a dual role involving human resources (HR) and office management responsibilities. This role is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the following functional areas: recruitment, on-boarding, benefits management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance. The office management component will be responsible for day-to-day operations, organizing and coordinating office administration and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, travel booking, interview scheduling, managing purchasing requests and facilities, and general management of the building.
- Maintains staff by orienting and training employees, as well as assisting with recruiting while maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll approval (timesheet approvals, track daily clock in/out times on time clock and make edits as needed).
- Maintains compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws, and other federal, state and local regulations.
- Coordinate and maintain employee benefits enrollment.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative and office activities.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions. Supervises the maintenance of office equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for managing the office by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal and retrieval.
- Work with IT to ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Responsible for ensuring financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures.
- Participate as needed in special department projects and other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a true HR generalist and payroll role with responsibility and management across the full scope of HR services.
- Sound working knowledge and experience in US employment laws, regulations and practices.
- Applicants must be able to pass a Department of Human Services background check.
- Applicants must be able to organize and work independently.
- Applicants must have strong written and oral communications skills and must be able to document in an objective and effective manner.
- Applicants must be reliable, able to work independently, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Games industry experience.
- Startup culture experience.
Frostkeep Studios is located in sunny Southern California in the city of Irvine, just a block from the Irvine Transit Station allowing for easy travel to the studio. Frostkeep Studios offers great benefits, including several work-from-home opportunities, new hardware, unlimited PTO, and more!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com. (Candidates only, no recruiters please!)