At Frostkeep Studios, we are always looking for talented, smart and creative people who share our vision of driving the future of video games and smart technology. We have big plans and are looking for a Software Engineer to assist us in these efforts.
Join Frostkeep’s stealth internal start-up team responsible for building out and creating new experiences that enhance and embrace one’s everyday lifestyle. As a member of the team you will be involved with the architecture, design, development and launch of the core features of these services. You will be able to contribute on overall strategy by collaborating with the product team to define these services and features.
The ideal candidate is interested in new, greenfield opportunities where there is significant ambiguity. Strong teamwork and excellent communication skills are absolute requirements. This person has collaborated with product discovery teams to solicit, decompose, and refine requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in software development across the full software life-cycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
- Professional experience with mobile development in Android.
- Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Object-oriented design/development experience.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy. Fluency in English is expected.
- Experience with collaborating with UX teams.
- Experience or educational expertise in AI/ML, especially recommendation systems.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining web service APIs.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
Frostkeep Studios was recently named a “Great Place to Work” as certified by the Great Place to Work Institute. The studio’s new indoor-outdoor campus is located in sunny Southern California in the city of Irvine near the Irvine Transit Station and offers many modern, state-of-the-art amenities including an on-site fitness center, bike share program, on-site café and food trucks, iShuttle service to local shops and restaurants, plus work-ready outdoor spaces with kitchens, BBQs, game areas, flat screens, charging stations, and more. Frostkeep Studios offers many competitive benefits, including employer-paid health insurance, 401K and retirement options, work-from-home opportunities, and unlimited PTO to name a few.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com and include your LinkedIn profile URL with your application. An in-person interview will be required. (Candidates only, no recruiters please!) Frostkeep Studios is an equal opportunity employer.