Software Engineer, Associate-Mid
At Frostkeep Studios, we are always looking for talented, smart and creative people who share our vision of making the best games we possibly can. As a small company, we consider ourselves a family and we’re hoping to find more team players with a multitude of skills who want to grow with us. We have big plans for our studio and are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to assist us in these efforts. For this position, we're willing to consider both junior level and staff level engineers.
- Collaborate and work alongside our design and art teams to design and implement game features in Unreal Engine 4.
- With some guidance, work closely with the design team on feature development in an ad-hoc fashion.
- Troubleshoot and implement solutions, develop features and fix bugs as they are identified.
- Help with emerging live issues as they arise.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to focus on collaborative problem solving.
- Fluent in C++ (secondary languages are a bonus).
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically when it comes to systems and implementation.
- Eagerness to work on many different parts of a game and break down knowledge silos.
- Self-starter that will constantly seek to improve our games while working independently.
- Enthusiastic learner, always seeking to level up development skills.
- Passionate about writing clean and highly performant code.
- Some games industry experience and basic understanding of online games.
- Tools experience.
- Build and infrastructure experience.
- Gameplay experience.
- Server experience.
Frostkeep Studios is located in sunny Southern California in the city of Irvine, just a block from the Irvine Transit Station allowing for easy travel to the studio. Frostkeep Studios offers great benefits, including several work-from-home opportunities, new hardware, unlimited PTO, and more!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com and include your LinkedIn profile URL with your application. An in-person interview will be required. (Candidates only, no recruiters please!)