At Frostkeep Studios, we are always looking for talented, smart and creative people who share our vision of making the best products we possibly can. As a small company, we consider ourselves a family and we’re hoping to find more team players with a multitude of skills who want to grow with us. We have big plans for our studio and are looking for a Sound Designer to assist us in these efforts.
The Sound Designer will be instrumental in establishing and driving all aspects of audio production including the audio vision and goals for the studio’s new projects and initiatives. Ideal candidates will be proactive, flexible, and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, highly collaborative start-up-like environment.
- Create sound design, voice-over processing, and audio integration that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the studio and its products.
- Source appropriate sounds and have working knowledge of industry standard sound libraries and programs.
- Develop and execute the strategy for all audio elements of the studio’s games.
- Work closely with design team to push sound-based gameplay and act as the feature owner for these aspects.
- Collaborate with design team to establish objectives and goals for all aspects of audio production including specific sounds, voice-overs, and music.
- Playtest and explore all aspects of the studio’s games to identify places and options for sound additions and creations.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience.
- Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates.
- Working knowledge in technical design and implementation of all audio systems in Unreal Engine.
- Experience with sound design of characters, ambiance, spells, UI, notifications, and other audio features.
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging skills for game audio systems.
- Ability to self-direct and work against a schedule.
- Strong collaborative spirit.
- Experience with post-production work for marketing materials.
- Working knowledge of Creature Sounds.
- Experience composing and/or music authoring.
- Experience in Unreal Engine.
- Experience recording, editing and designing sound effects for game characters, menus, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools.
Frostkeep Studios is located in sunny Southern California in the city of Irvine, just a block from the Irvine Transit Station allowing for easy travel to the studio. Frostkeep Studios offers great benefits, including several work-from-home opportunities, new hardware, unlimited PTO, and more!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your LinkedIn profile URL with your application. An in-person interview will be required. (Candidates only, no recruiters please!)