Software Development Engineer
At Frostkeep Studios, we are always looking for talented, smart and creative people who share our vision of making the best products we possibly can. As a small company, we consider ourselves a family and we’re hoping to find more team players with a multitude of skills who want to grow with us. We have big plans for our studio and are looking for a Software Development Engineer to assist us in these efforts.
The Software Development Engineer will be instrumental in building prototypes and products for initial release as part of the studio’s new initiatives. Ideal candidates will be proactive, flexible, entrepreneurial, and comfortable operating with ambiguity while working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative start-up-like environment. In this role, you will need to develop quick proof of concepts and build and work within back-end services, front-end UIs, apps (particularly NLP-base apps) and prototypes. The Software Development Engineer will be a true owner who is passionate about potential customer and societal impacts and will be able to operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while also providing strategic inputs for the studio’s products.
- Code in a variety of languages, primarily C, C++ and Python while owning the quality of implemented code by establishing a DevOps model.
- Design and implement critical features and fixes for extremely scalable distributed products with enterprise-level ship quality.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and debug current implementation.
- Be able to take a problem that can sometimes be difficult to define and work closely with people to pull together a better understanding of the issue in order to clearly identify distinct issues.
- Work with a globally-distributed team with varying levels of technical knowledge - from sustaining, development, validation, and articulation of the issue - to those levels appropriate for implementing and delivering the needed functionality to customers with project timelines.
- Design, develop, code, and test software systems and/or applications for software enhancements and new products; revise and refine as required.
- Participate in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems.
- Recommend modifications to processes and procedures while contributing to architecture and overall implementations.
- Determine which features to build while driving software engineering best practices. Design distributed and scalable systems, testing and documenting all software you develop.
- Experience with distributed systems and understanding of cloud technologies.
- Excellent comprehension of multithreaded, asynchronous, and kernel-mode programming concepts.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a global team and technically lead the goals and challenges at hand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well with geographically-dispersed teams.
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment, and top-level support ownership of storage infrastructure technologies.
- Designs storage solutions per business requirements.
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering, and maintenance of software products.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- Experience building systems, app stores, IoT device and cloud systems, context-awareness and pervasive computing.
- Experience with a variety of cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc).
- Experience or strong interest in foundational machine learning models and concepts.
- Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and subsequent iterations.
- Have an entrepreneurial streak and enjoy understanding how the entire business works.
- Experience defining and championing efficient and successful practices across a software team.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Proven track record of growing others and being a multiplier for the team.
- 8+ years’ professional experience in software development across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in:
- Object-Oriented Design
- Data Structures
- Algorithm Design, Problem Solving, and Complexity Analysis
- Experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl.
Frostkeep Studios is located in sunny Southern California in the city of Irvine, just a block from the Irvine Transit Station allowing for easy travel to the studio. Frostkeep Studios offers great benefits, including several work-from-home opportunities, new hardware, unlimited PTO, and more!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your LinkedIn profile URL with your application. An in-person interview will be required. (Candidates only, no recruiters please!)