Windows Software Engineer
At Frostkeep Studios, we are always looking for talented, smart and creative people who share our vision of making the best games we possibly can. As a small company, we consider ourselves a family and we’re hoping to find more team players with a multitude of skills who want to grow with us. We have big plans for our studio and are looking for a Windows Software Engineer to assist us in these efforts.
The Windows Software Engineer designs, develops and implements software solutions for applications in a Windows environment. This individual will analyze user requirements to create and improve the efficacy, efficiency, and reliability through software applications. This role also identifies and leverages technologies to increase team productivity. The Windows Software Engineer will also serve as a Team Lead and mentor software team members during product development.
- Build and maintain software test automation frameworks, data factories and internal Write well-designed and testable code.
- Troubleshoot and modify existing software to improve performance
- Integrate new hardware into software systems.
- Execute the full application development life-cycle.
- Lead product planning by determining feasibility, requirements, and by proposing solutions.
- Create and maintain software documentation including descriptions, flowcharts, diagrams, and source code comments.
- Assist with developing software validation and quality assurance procedures.
- Continue professional development by keeping up with current development tools, programming techniques, and programming methodologies.
- Evaluate new and updated existing libraries, development tools, SDKs and lead team through adoption.
- Determine system performance standards.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Specify system architecture including visualization pipeline, threading, parallel (GPU) computing, device management, data logging, event, and GUI systems.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- 3+ years’ experience testing large-scale distributed software's, platforms and building functional automation tests.
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks.
- Experience building maintainable and efficient tests using Java-based tools such as JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Programming experience with Java or other object-oriented languages.
- Knowledge of QA best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product.
- Comfortable working with a cross-functional team of developers and quality engineers to develop innovative automated testing solutions.
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, performance tools, bash scripts and version control systems such as git is a huge plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related field.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience Microsoft .NET technology stack (C#, .NET, ASP.NET, MVC, REST APIs) and data storage (SQL, NoSQL, DocumentDB, Table Storage, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experienced in development on Microsoft Azure (AWS or other) cloud (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and working in a DevOps environment.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with bots, NLP, AI, automation, machine learning, digital assistant development (Microsoft Bot Framework, Dialogflow, Alexa, etc.).
- Writes tests and can extol TDD (even if you don't always write them first).
- Strong software design aptitude.
- Ability to work at all levels of the stack (database, back-end, front-end).
- Proficiency in typed object-oriented programming.
- Experience with Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, Visual Studio, VSO (Team Services).
- Commitment to creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Deep understanding of Agile and Kanban.
- Execute end-to-end with experience in the full-stack development cycle.
- Ability to work remotely with diverse teams.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Frostkeep Studios is located in sunny Southern California in the city of Irvine, just a block from the Irvine Transit Station allowing for easy travel to the studio. Frostkeep Studios offers great benefits, including several work-from-home opportunities, new hardware, unlimited PTO, and more!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your LinkedIn profile URL with your application. An in-person interview will be required. (Candidates only, no recruiters please!)