Software Development Engineer in Test
At Frostkeep Studios, we are always looking for talented, smart and creative people who share our vision of making the best products we possibly can. As a small company, we consider ourselves a family and we’re hoping to find more team players with a multitude of skills who want to grow with us. We have big plans for our studio and are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to assist us in these efforts.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will manage the test software applications and features using test suites and scripts, perform anomaly reporting, software analysis, develop automated software test packages using various technologies, perform functional and performance testing, apply black box and white box testing techniques and conduct software development data validation functional and performance testing.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with various automation frameworks, a strong understanding of QA best practices, good understanding of core Java and a passion for quality. In this role, you will work in a cross-functional, collaborative environment so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must. And most importantly, we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver.
- Build and maintain software test automation frameworks, data factories, and internal tools.
- Collaborate with the quality engineering team to adopt test automation best practices.
- Contribute to our long-term vision and strategy for improved quality via automation.
- Work in an Agile team throughout the lifecycle to collaborate on the analysis, design, development and testing.
- Drive software quality using GIT, peer reviews, and pair programming.
- Actively participate in Sprint planning sessions to create stories with robust acceptance criteria while helping identify missing or incomplete requirements.
- Navigate through ambiguity, prioritize conflicting asks based on risks and have the ability to adapt to a fluid environment.
- Actively participate in design/technical reviews to identify missing, incomplete or inaccurate design assumptions or design choices.
- Maintain and execute automated scripts for regression, integration, and functional testing on newly designed or modified applications/systems.
- Thoroughly analyze tests and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation.
- Clearly articulate verbally and in writing the specifics around defects.
- Independently follow up with design/development resources regarding defects.
- Follow agreed upon implementation of agile philosophies to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
- Perform application and project risk analysis and recommend quality improvements.
- Mentor and coach team members and new team members.
- Champion test automation and testing best practices.
- 3+ years’ experience testing large scale distributed software's, platforms and building functional automation tests.
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks.
- Experience building maintainable and efficient tests using Java-based tools such as JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Programming experience with Java or other object-oriented languages.
- Knowledge of QA best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product.
- Comfortable working with a cross-functional team of developers and quality engineers to develop innovative automated testing solutions.
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, performance tools, bash scripts and version control systems such as git is a huge plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related field.
- Strong software development skills and experience creating high-quality, maintainable test software.
- This role is actively coding: you must have at minimum STRONG mid-level development skills.
- 3-5 years of experience building automated GUI tests in Selenium and building automated tests for REST APIs.
- Strong background and experience with hands on QA and knowledge of best practices.
- Passion for excellence in software development processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication. Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
Frostkeep Studios is located in sunny Southern California in the city of Irvine, just a block from the Irvine Transit Station allowing for easy travel to the studio. Frostkeep Studios offers great benefits, including several work-from-home opportunities, new hardware, unlimited PTO, and more!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your LinkedIn profile URL with your application. An in-person interview will be required. (Candidates only, no recruiters please!)